Monday, May 28, 2012

PBA Senior Tour - Dayton

Dayton is always one of my favorite stops.  Mike Irwin, Shannon Pluhowsky and staff always do a great job, I love the center, and I always feel like I'm going to bowl well there.

The Carmen Salvino pattern tends to be high scoring, and I started this tournament off with a 300 game.  I continued to bowl well through the first block and ended up at +305 for the first 8 game block.  The second block was another story.  I didn't bowl that well the first two games on the high end of the center, then bowled ok on 1-2, then shot back-to-back 180 games on lanes 5-6 and 9-10.  I then had to recover to get back into the number for the finals, which I did in games 5-6-7, highlighted with a 290 in game 6 of the block.

The format for this tournament was a cut to the top 32, the 8 more games of match play with a 30-pin bonus for a win.  Of course my first match is against Walter Ray Williams, Jr.  I really created my own transition on the pair and only shot 227, while WRW pounded out a 279 game against me.  As it turns out, I went 5-3 on the morning and bowled well enough to move up from 17th to 14th, which meant I moved on to the afternoon match play block of the top 16.

At the start of this block, some of my physical game issues re-surfaced, and I didn't bowl well the first 3 games, while my opponents bowled 278-279-268!  So, after an 0-3 start to the block, I bowled much better the last 5 games, but I could not catch up and stayed in 14th.

This was a better week and will hopefully be a springboard into the majors in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment