Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Masters - Day 1

The Masters is a sprint and a grind. It's a sprint in that you only have 5 games each day to position yourself to make the cut. It's a grind in that you have to be patient and keep filling frames and keep yourself in the tournament. I did that today for the first 3 games, but didn't react enough when the mid-lane got tighter in game 4, costing me 3 consecutive opens. I should have made an arrow move left after the first washout, but instead tried to make a 2-2 left move, which didn't help my reaction at all.

Tomorrow I'll be bowling on the late squad, after 5 games have been bowled on it. As quickly as the right-handers moved into 20-25 on the fresh squad, I'll need to move left to stay off their burn in the front of the lane a little bit. This was also the most successful strategy used by the left-handers today, and falls into my comfort zone, anyway. So, I'll move left, firm up my ball speed, and try to stay on my toes to get the best reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment