Saturday, June 9, 2012

Senior US Open 2012

Great week - finished 8th overall after leading the first squad, including a 300 2nd game.  I bowled well the first block, getting to +288 for the first 6 games (248 average), then struggled the next two blocks, qualifying 30th.  I moved up to 15th after the cash round, as I was much more relaxed once I was in the cash.  The first round of match play also went well.  I went 5-3 in match play with all my games between 228 and 248.  The last day was not as good, as I shot a lot of low 200s and ultimately slipped from 6th to 8th.  I was never able to get past 6th or make a serious run at the top 4, but it was still a pretty good week, and I feel like I learned a lot about myself that will help me win that next tournament.

However, I bowled 40 games between the two Senior regionals last week and 51 games this week, for a total of 91 games in two weeks.  Needless to say, I'm taking a day off from bowling before the Senior Masters starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment