Monday, August 1, 2011

Senior Masters Day 1

Frustrating day - I felt like I had an +80 look and ended up at -23. I just couldn't get a good feel for the shape of the reaction. In the end, I was trying to go too soft on speed and I was trying to allow the ball to get a little too far left at the break point. My initial look with the Victory Road seems to be great, but I really didn't make good shots the first game, and ended up shooting 181 on an easy 220 pair. I went fishing the second game and shot 161. After putting myself in that hole, I bumped down to a Tropical Heat and shot 216 with a couple of really good shots in the 10th. I was hoping to stay with this ball after making the turn, but the ball wanted to stand up the wrong way. I went looking for another reaction, but the Virtual Energy was a little too early in the mid-lane and lost too much energy. The first shot struck but the next shot was a 3-6-7, so I went to the Dagger, which got down the lane very well. I doubled but then made a bad shot and left the greek church for 183. The last game I tried to stay with the Dagger but I had enough push that it was a little weak. I went back to the Victory Road, but I didn't get the ball as far to the right (about 9-10 at the break rather than about 6) and stayed a little firmer, made good shots and ended up with 236.

Now I move on to 2 blocks of fresh, so I'm planning to take the lesson from this block and try to keep the ball at 8-10 at the break instead of 6-7 on the fresh. I still want to try to play a little right (about 12-16) with something medium and not more than about 2000 surface so that I can get the ball to push enough to store energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment